Can you believe it hasn’t even been a full year since ZisBoomBah.com launched nationwide? After launching the first website to give kids a say in what’s for dinner, ZisBoomBah has been recognized by parents, children, teachers, nutritionists, USDA, First Lady Michelle Obama, Let’s Move, PTPA, Bon Appetite, Children’s Hospital in Denver, and many more sponsors and publishers as Best in Class!
The Product (Parents and kids feedback made the difference)
- First of it’s kind drag and drop foods with add it up meters that educates kids on choosing balanced, well portioned and healthy meals.
- Antvatars – unique point system where kids can earn points by making great choices! Those points can then be used to dress their Antvatars, as asked for by a 12 year old boy.
- Play at the Park, where kids can explore a virtual park to reveal games and activities, with several seasons to help kids get motivated on what to do outdoors! Play is a great way to move and get healthy, as asked for by a 10 year old girl.
- Online store for cool kids apparel, aprons and cooking supplies for little chefs!
- Parents Blog for getting the latest from experts!
- Apps for Healthy Kids Contest awarded ZisBoomBah the Grand Prize with a reward of $10,000. This money will be used to reach children across America. First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move chose us! The proudest experience for ZisBoomBah’s team followed in October, when we were invited to Washington, DC. First Lady Michelle Obama’s
- PTPA – PTPA (Parent Tested Parent Approved) Media Inc. awarded ZisBoomBah its highly regarded Seal of Approval for our “fresh and innovative online approach to getting kids to eat healthy.”
Cook-offs with Kids
- ZisBoomBah launched it’s inaugural Pick Chow! Across America event at the Boulder Creek Festival on Labor Day weekend in Colorado. Local celebrity chefs Hosea Rosenberg and Chris Blackwood competed in a spectacular cook-off to win the tough kid-judges’ vote for best meal for kids. Chef Rosenberg won – really the kids won as they got to see how healthy meals are fun!
- Children’s Hospital, The Avalanche Team and ZisBoomBah teamed up to do another extraordinarily entertaining Pick Chow! Across America event at Elway’s Cherry Creek restaurant in Denver, CO. Avalanche players David Koci, Kevin Shattenkirk and David Van Der Gulik and 40 fourth and fifth-graders from Denver’s McElwain Elementary School witnessed the suspenseful cook-off between Elway’s own executive chef, Tyler Wiard, and Panzano’s executive chef, Elise Wiggins. Elise Wiggins claimed the winning spot!
Throughout the year, ZisBoomBah was cheered on by lots of press from the media: We were featured in The Elephant Journal,Bon Apetit magazine, The Denver Post, Boulder Weekly, Boulder County Business Report and Daybreak on the Deuce(TV) just to highlight a few.
ZisBoomBah continues to be energized by the immensely positive feedback we receive from kids, parents, teachers, and communities. But most of all, we can’t get enough of watching kids make their own meals with Pick Chow! and see how the hands on experience at our events shows kids how much fun making healthy choices can be.
Thank you for believing in us. We promise to keep being creative and innovative in 2011 and to provide smart tools for kids and relevant resources that make raising responsible eaters and planning healthy meals a little simpler for you.
From your friends at ZisBoomBah.com