Dinner in minutes is easy with these techniques from CookItFrozen.com, a website by the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI). Learn how to cook seafood six different ways in only minutes without thawing in our series:
Part 5: Roasting
- Preheat oven to medium-high heat (450ºF)
- Rinse seafood under COLD water to remove any ice glaze; pat dry with paper towel
- Brush both sides of fish with high oleic vegetable oils: olive, canola, peanut, grapeseed, soy or safflower. Avoid butter, sunflower or corn oil as they will burn at high heat.
- Place seafood on spray-coated pan or foil-lined baking sheet
- Cook 12 to 15 minutes; flip only very thick portions
- For best results with frozen fish, cook 4 minutes before seasoning with butter or spices
- Remove from heat just as soon as seafood is opaque throughout.