Dinner in minutes is easy with these techniques from CookItFrozen.com, a website by the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI). Learn how to cook seafood six different ways in only minutes without thawing in our series:
Part 6: Steaming
- Bring about 1-inch of water/seasoned liquid to a boil
- Line the steamer with lettuce, onion, herbs or citrus (without covering all the holes) to keep seafood from sticking
- Rinse seafood under COLD water to remove any ice glaze
- Add seafood to steamer and cover loosely
- Return liquid to a boil and steam 5 to 7 minutes
- Remove from heat just as soon as seafood is opaque throughout.