How to reduce sugar consumption:
- Look for hidden sources of sugar in foods like tomato sauce, cereal, and granola bars.
- Look for sugar synonyms on ingredients lists, like maple syrup, brown rice syrup, and evaporated cane juice.
- Limit sugar-sweetened beverages.
- Choose desserts with less sugar, like fruit or yogurt.
- Avoid eating out at restaurants, where sugar is often added.
How to increase omega-3 consumptions:
- Serve omega-3 rich fish like salmon, mackerel, and halibut.
- Choose organic milk.
- Serve omega-3 fortified foods, like eggs, cereal, and soy milk.
- Switch to omega-3-rich oils like flaxseed oil and walnut oil.
- Pick leafy green vegetables, like kale and watercress.
- Talk to your pediatrician about adding a supplement to your child’s diet.