Simple Healthy Lessons
Lesson 3: How to Set Healthy Goals
Kids gain a sense of self by creating their own goals! At ZisBoomBah, we help kids create their own goals and earn points when they complete them!
The rules around setting goals that really work are:
- Set goals you actually want to do. It can be as easy as drinking an extra glass of water a day or taking 1,000 more steps a day.
- Make sure your goal is measurable and you have the time, space and equipment to achieve the goal. Playing for 1/2 hour with your kids outdoors is good if you have 1/2 hour to do so and the weather is good.
- Write down your goals and paste them on the refrigerator or a place where you will see them.
- Act! Just do it! Don’t worry about anything other than just doing it.
- Reward! Celebrate that you just achieved your goal! Way to go.
Get your kids involved in setting their goals AND add some of your own. Use ZisBoomBah’s Challenger Calendar to help you out!
How to set goals for your own fitness – expert Brian Cooper tells you how! Click here to read more.