ZISBOOMBAH CARES ABOUT THE HEALTH AND HAPPINESS OF CHILDREN. MOST OF THE INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET IS SAFE AND VALID. UNFORTUNATELY, THE WEB ALSO CONTAINS INFORMATION THAT IS FALSE OR EVEN DANGEROUS TO KIDS. BY TAKING CERTAIN SAFETY MEASURES, YOU CAN HELP YOUR CHILDREN HAVE A SECURE AND ENJOYABLE INTERNET EXPERIENCE.
INTERNET SAFETY TIPS FOR PARENTS:
- Keep the computer in the family room or another open area of your home.
- Decide on a reasonable amount of time that your child can spend online each day and be prepared to enforce it.
- Clear, easy-to-read house rules should be discussed and then posted near the computer.
- Web sites for children are not permitted to request personal information without a parent’s consent. Talk to children about what personal information is and why you should never give it to people online.
- If children use chat or e-mail, talk to them about never meeting anyone in person and never sharing their photo with strangers over the Internet.
- Internet accounts should be in the parent’s name and with the parents in charge of all passwords and parental controls.
- If your child belongs to a social networking site look closely at what information they have posted in their profiles.
- Stay in touch with your kid’s online activities. Get to know your child’s online friends as you would their real-life friends.
- Consider installing filtering / monitoring software.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON KEEPING KIDS SAFE ON THE WEB: